Thursday, September 18, 2008

Ammendment to what I believe

This Morning’s Playlist

The Vanity Project

Floggin Molly

G. love & Special Sauce


I did not sleep well last night. I was tormented by something I wrote in my blog yesterday. I wrote, “I believe people go to hell for believing the wrong things”. While I lay in bed I worried who would read it. Would it make people angry with me? I have friends who do not believe like I do, and they would consider themselves spiritual. Would a person look at this and decide that my beliefs are too strict. Not for one second was the debate in my head over whether I believe in the statement or not. It was more about the way it was written. I have said, “I believe to get to Heaven you must believe in Christ”. There is something softer about talking about the absence of Heaven rather than the gaining of Hell. The truth is they are the same.


Maybe there is virtue in holding some punches in the way you say things. I have no desire to be cruel, but I was writing “my creed”. I have no apologizes for what I believe.


I believe the Bible, and because of that I believe there is a consequence for sin. We are all sinners and we have only one hope; to cling to and believe in Jesus Christ.


Acts 4:10-12

10 let it be known to you all, and to all the people of Israel, that by the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, whom you crucified, whom God raised from the dead, by Him this man stands here before you whole.

11 This is the ‘stone which was rejected by you builders, which has become the chief cornerstone.

12 Nor is there salvation in any other, for there is no other name under heaven given among men by which we must be saved.”


Galatians 1:6-9

6 I am astonished that you are so quickly deserting the one who called you by the grace of Christ and are turning to a different gospel—

7 which is really no gospel at all. Evidently some people are throwing you into confusion and are trying to pervert the gospel of Christ.

8 But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach a gospel other than the one we preached to you, let him be eternally condemned!

9 As we have already said, so now I say again: If anybody is preaching to you a gospel other than what you accepted, let him be eternally condemned!


John 14:6

6 Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

No comments: