Monday, April 11, 2011

Nolan Wants a Cracker

A few months ago my oldest son, James, made a decision for Christ.  He doesn't have it all figured out, but then again who does?.  He said he asked God to come in and change his heart, and he does believe that Jesus died for him, and he is supposed to serve him, and his sins are gone because of it.  That pretty much sums it up.

A week ago at church we came forward, as we do every week, to take communion.  Heather, James, and I took the elements.  My 4 year old Nolan was upset that I did not allow him to take the communion.  Nolan does not yet have a belief of Jesus as his savior, and I take very seriously I Corinthians 11:29, which says:

I Corinthians 11:29
For anyone who eats and drinks without recognizing the body of the Lord eats and drinks judgment on himself. 

After communion and went back to our pew.  Nolan was still upset.  He looked at his mother referring to the alter rail he said, "Why am I not allowed to get a snack at the snack bar?"

...and that's why!


No comments: